Thursday, July 02, 2009

4th of July is just one day closer to the death of my 20's

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens . . .
-Jenny Joseph

I like her style. Looking forward to tomorrow's return of a certain lady who keeps my life from nonchalance. I'll be working tomorrow on a Federal Holiday.....so if you enjoy the freedom of marine spatial knowledge....thank a NOAA veteran.

2 comments:

reverend dick said...

I wanna party with the puffy cat-thing. You bringin him to the Buck Buck Moon Ride?

Lord Hayden said...

No promises, I can't reason with that thing...he kinda just does whatever the hell he feels like.