Thursday, July 03, 2008

Bored on a Thursday

A rare sighting this morning, a boombox stroller rolling up my quiet street! If you could see this lily-white near-retirement community I live in, you'd be as surprised as I was. Perhaps if I work from home more often, and keep a camera at the ready, I'll be able to capture my Eardley Ave. favorites:
  • The elderly asian couple who walk their dog, the man always is walking at least 20 feet behind the lady (w/ dog), and they always cross the street over to my side at the same place. Heads down, please.
  • The urban hiker, a 50 or 60 year old gent who rolls around in fully backpacking gear, with an apparently full backpack. Good style, guy.
Fires are ragin' down here, this picture doesn't do them justice, but the Big Sur complex is slowly making its make up the coast and toward the lab.

1 comment:

reverend dick said...

What about the lone homeless dude who hangs out by the library?